Friday, March 7, 2014

I Finally Did Something...

That I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. I got myself a tattoo. I wanted to get a tattoo of an anchor that is tangled in some rope, with a razor knife trying to cut through one area and a lighter trying to burn through the next. That wouldn't have translated well on to a tattoo. So I snuck on over to Tornado Tattoo (on MacArthur, right before NW 33rd on the east side of the road) and had the artist there (Frank, I do believe) to custom design one for me. I got my anchor and he drew it in traditional Americana. (Or at least that is how it looks to me.) It was probably the most painful of my tattoos but it is also the most distinct and most likely will be the longest lasting.

I'm waiting for my mother or father to see it and have something to say about it (yay Southern Baptists) but I'll be honest that it was something that I felt I needed to be able to identify with the BPD and the struggle of the last several months. So, without further ado...




by artist Frank at Tornado Tattoo.

I am very happy with the design. I think that it represents me as a person but has the artist's vibe in there as well, which I think is important. I wasn't immensely happy with a shield that was on another version of this anchor so he drew me a new custom one. And it fucking worked! 

I'm going to have to wait until next year to expand the repertoire of tattoos but I will definitely be visiting this tattoo parlor (and Josh) again. He was also an amazing person to talk to (well, when he wasn't intensely staring at the work being done--which is exactly what I'd like him to do anyways... do you disagree?) 

Seriously, great place. Check out the links below the image and here, if you'd like to see some of their work, set up an appointment (OKC area for those that are interested... great location) and/or just be a crazy internet stalker. I go back in today to get some better pictures of it for him to display. I feel better already. :)

Edited for accuracy. I apologize. When I had this tattoo, I did not do my research and had misunderstood that the artist I had was Frank. He is an amazing artist (so are the others in the studio but credit is to be given where it is deserve. Sorry, Frank! I swear I'm not a total moron!

No comments:

Post a Comment